It’s that time of the year again, the tail end of winter and the wonders of spring just around the corner. It also means March Break for elementary school and highschool students. If you are scrambling to find ways to entertain the munchkins, worry no more, we’ve got you covered.
Here are 5 ways to keep the kids busy over the March Break
1. Keep the kids moving at Rotary Place with March Break Public Skating at Rotary Place. There is drop in skating each afternoon Monday- Friday at a cost of $2.75/person.
If you want something a little more adventurous why not try Rock Climbing. Rotary Place has March Break Rock Climbing each afternoon Monday- Friday at a cost of $5.00/person
2. If arts and crafts are more your style, why not visit the Orillia Public Library! It’s “Art Attack” on the March Break for kids and teens at OPL. The OPL will be opening up their art supplies this break. Plan for things to get creative and messy at the OPL! Every day we will have an art project for you to create during your visit to our Children's Department.
3. Why not tour the OPP Museum? Last year’s March Break activities included a craft station, build your very own OPP button, building a Lego OPP station and the kids even got to try on an OPP uniform! As always, admission is free.
4. For those who want to make a day trip, why not head to the Wye Marsh. Unplug the kids and reconnect them to nature this March Break. Escape, explore and experience all that nature has to offer with family friendly activities
5. For those with a sweet tooth, it’s the best time of the year as sap begins to flow at the various Maple Syrup farms across the county. Take a tour and see how sap is collected and made into syrupy goodness and stay for a bite to eat.
So, whether you’re a nature nut or enjoy the comfort of the indoors, there is something for everyone to enjoy this March Break!
Want us to include your upcoming March Break event? Send us the details at [email protected]